As Milwaukee coped with excessive heat on Friday, people were able to keep cool at Summerfest with the help of the Milwaukee County Transit System.
MCTS parked a bus inside the south gate, and kept the air conditioning on high. The bus was packed all day with people who needed a little break.
- MORE COVERAGE: Your Complete Guide To Summerfest!
- Your Summerfest Bus and Traffic Guide
- FLASHBACK: Classic Summerfest Photos
- 2018 Headliners Coming To Rock Summerfest
- PHOTOS: The Headliners Of Summerfest's Menu
- Suns Out Guns Out: Check Out The Summerfest Ink! [GALLERY]
"It’s lovely," said Jessica Martin. "It’s heaven compared to right now."
Bell Ambulance also had extra staff on site to help with any heat-related emergencies.
Even the statues needed some relief on Friday from the heat, like Alice Wilson, who you may also recognize as a pirate.
"There’s always some hot ones, but this is one for the records," said Wilson.
As long as Milwaukee remains under an excessive heat warning, Summerfest is allowing visitors to bring in unopened water bottles and misting stations are set up around the grounds.
With another hot day expected Saturday, health experts encourage drinking a lot of water, even if you're not thirsty.