Summerfest headliner Shawn Mendes is drawing big crowds from all sorts of age groups. Mendes and opening act Charlie XCX took to the American Family Insurance Amphitheater Thursday night.
It was Mendes’ second concert in Wisconsin according to Summerfest officials. His first at the State Fair was rained out in 2016.
- MORE COVERAGE: Your Complete Guide To Summerfest!
- Your Summerfest Bus and Traffic Guide
- Dancing Machines Of Summerfest [GIF GALLERY]
- Summerfest Style: Wacky Tees [PHOTOS ]
- 2018 Headliners Coming To Rock Summerfest
- PHOTOS: Suns Out Guns Out: Check Out The Summerfest Ink!
A group of ladies from Chicago came to the Big Gig just to see Mendes.
“He was charming I just fell in love with him. So when we discussed coming up to Summerfest we wanted to come see Shawn Mendes” they said.
Other fans braved the warm temperatures and high humidity and started lining up at 4 p.m., two and a half hours before the gates opened.
They were hoping to get good seats on the lawn. Theresa Conybear and her daughter Ally said the long wait was worth it for Mendes.
“He really cuts across a variety of genres he’s had so many hits in the past few years…we’ve got people coming in from all over the country because he really hasn’t played many shows yet this summer,” said Summerfest marketing vice president Sarah Pincheri.