WEST ALLIS -- In what will be its sixth year, the "Sporkies" food competition will be returning to the Wisconsin State Fair.
This competition will consist of food vendors competing for one of the four coveted Golden Spork trophies.
To decide the winners, a group of celebrity judges will taste each food and choose. The panel will consist of Nancy Stohs, LeRoy Butler, John McGivern and Steve Palec. Emmy award-winning "Wisconsin Foodie" host Kyle Cherek will be the emcee.
This year's finalists have been chosen, and here are the types of foods that will be competing:
- Deep-fried spinach lasagna bites from Albanese's Roadhouse
- Pig Candy Cannoli from Brew City
- The PorkSTACKular from the Budweiser Pavilion
- Saz's Breakfast Bombs from Saz's Taste of Wisconsin
- S'mores Beer Float from Slim McGinn's Irish Pub
- French Onion Soup On-a-Stick from Slim's PBR Park
- Deep-Fried Turducken On-a-Stick from Water Street Brewery
- Wisconsin Hot Chicken Bombs from Water Street Brewery
All of these foods are pictured above.
Fairgoers are also encouraged to try these foods and vote on which one is their favorite. The entry with the most votes will be given the Sporkies trophy for 'Fairgoers Fave.'
Votes can be casted on social media via the Facebook voting app, or on Twitter and Instagram with #FairgoersFave. There will also be paper ballots in the venue.
The state fair will take place from August 2 - August 12.