Our Call 4 Action office receiving hundreds of complaints in 2020. While some of these were common complaints that we hear of each year, many were new and are likely to repeat in 2021.
Here were some of the new issues that caused problems last year:
- Stimulus payments that did not show up.
- Confusion and delays related to unemployment.
- Canceled travel and canceled events that resulted in hassles over refunds or rebooking.
- Fake websites selling great stuff that never showed up and the site disappearing.
Some of the more common complaints that we hear each year included:
- Imposter phone and email scams – especially from con artists posing as Amazon or Social Security
- Medical billing problems
- Auto purchase and auto repair issues
- Bad contractors who performed shoddy work or left without completing the job
- Landlord-tenant issues involving everything from evictions to poor maintenance.
Some of these problems were unexpected and unavoidable.
Many consumers contacted us so that we could let you know of scams and issues before you fell victim. Our advice for 2021 is to continue to ask questions, check things out, trust your gut instinct, and if you need help, contact our Call 4 Action office.