Racine Fire Department called to put out turkey fryer fire in garage

The Racine Fire Department was dispatched to put out a garage fire caused by someone's turkey fryer Wednesday afternoon. 

According to a report, the fire started when the owners of the house left their turkey fryer unattended. The fire destroyed the garage and its contents completely, totaling an estimated $20,000 in damages. 

The RFD would like to remind everyone that turkey fryers should not be used inside a building or placed on wooden decks. They also say that turkey fryers are not safe for the general public to use.

The department also says that if you are going to use a fryer this Thanksgiving, to use it on non-combustible surfaces and at least 10 feet from any buildings or other combustible products. 

Print this article Back to Top